The goal of the training is to present methods and tools for cost optimization of cloud infrastructure.
During the training mechanism that lead to decreatse in TCO of IT infrstrucure will be discussed.
In particular the cloud computing approach will be compared with traditional on-site infrastructure.
It should be noted that the biggest savings can be accomplished by adopting the data processing models
and the infrastructure to the cloud computing model. Hence, a large part of the training will
focus on optimization of cloud infrastructure design.
The participation in the course is recommended for CIOs as well as persons in charge of IT infrastructure costs.
Duration of training: 6h
- Cloud computing introduction
Cloud computing cost mechanisms
Cloud computing costs optimization
- Virtual servers in the cloud
- Virtual data storage (block and key-value storage)
- Database management services (SQL and NoSQL)
- Programmable infrastructure
- Monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Virtual machines - disposable computing resource in IT infrastructure
- Infrastructure autoscaling
- Reserved instances
- Spot market for cloud computing resources (AWS EC2 spot)